Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Don't Know Why

I Don't Know Why
by FE Dec 8 2010

You stare at me with accusing eyes,

waiting for me to explain myself,

to tell you why I do, all these things I do.


But I remain quiet,

not a word escapes my lips.

My mind screams in protest.

“Say something! Say anything!”


What can I say?

How can I explain what

I myself don’t understand?


You turn away with a

disappointed look.

I reach out to you in tears

And whisper a single quiet phrase.


“I don’t know...”

I don’t know why I do what I do.

I don’t know why I think what I think.

I don’t know why. I don’t know why.


"I don't know why..."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't imagine a scenario leading up to this,

but I can imagine this scenario so well. I feel like a lot of people have been in this situation before at one point or another in one way or another. :o