Friday, May 24, 2013

CHALLENGE DAY 9

Your favourite cartoon/anime character.


While I have a lot of favourite characters, I thought it was only fair to draw Edward Elric from the manga and twice an anime Fullmetal Alchemist. FMA was the series that truly got me into the world of anime/manga and he was a character that I loved greatly. Maybe it was because we were both short, maybe because my mom had cancer which later took her life and his mother died from sickness, maybe because we both had young siblings to look after,or even all these factors, but I felt like I could relate to him. And he was a good reminder to stay strong even when live is hellish, and to never let anyone give me any trouble over my height. It was also fortunate that I came across the series while it was still growing strong. I got to experience the rush of waiting for each book to come out and then practically devouring it once I got in in my hands, I got to grow with Ed. And in the end, we both got a bit taller. 

No comments: