Friday, December 12, 2008

A reason to be HaPpY


My mom has a rare liposarcoma that she was been fighting for about 8-9 years now.She has been through more clinical trials and surgeries than I can count.And I love her dearly. She is and always will be my role model. She's warrior of a very special unique kind. She has just recently started a clinical trial in NYC at Memorial Sloan-Kettering.
Today she came home with good news. Her tumors are stable.
What does this mean?

It means the tumors didn't grow. It means that the drug is working for right now. It means she can continue to be in the clinical trial. It means that there is even more hope.

I LOVE YOU ELSA!!
----------------------------------------------------
Visit her blog for more about her cancer journey so far:
http://livingwithasarcoma.blogspot.com/
-------------
I want to take a moment to thank all my friends and family that have been here to support me and my family. You guys rock!


5 comments:

tapioca said...

estamos todos super felizes com a boa notícia.
de aqui para a frente tudo vai melhorar.
beijos

Pipas said...

Que bom Pipas... :-) É mesmo tempo para celebrar e a partir de agora vai ser sempre.

Beijocas

Gabby said...

YAY!

Gabby said...

Did you vote on the pole?

Carla Estrela said...

Hi Pipas,
Those are great news, great hope and a great moment for everyone.
Yes your mom is a role model to more people than you can imagine!!! Besides her strength and determination which are rare admirable qualities, she always has a nice warm smile and a sweet voice, despite whatever is going on.
So that was a nice relief and probably the best christmas gift.
Hugs,
Kiki