Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Love? a poem

Had to do a model poem for creative writing. What you do is jus tthat the form of a poem and copy it but write your own poem. You just use the same number of lines, stanzes, alliterations, etc. I chose a poem by Edgar Allan Poe called A Dream. It's a really good poem. Anyways this is what I wrote, it has nothing to do with Poe's poem content-wise.


Love?
by FE Dec. 8 2009


I lay my head upon my bed.

I turn off the lights, and stare at the night sky.

I think of all the things I've left unsaid.

This melancholy feeling makes me silently sigh.

My harried heart reprimands me,

“Tell him your true thoughts” it cries.

Can I answer my hearts plea and set my feelings free?

Why not? For I do not believe these sentiments are lies.

I love him – I love him.

Are these worrisome words true?

I never knew love was so grim,

To me this intense emotion is so very new.

I cannot get him out of my head.

Without him by my side, I feel a vast void

form in a hidden part of my heart, and it fills me with dread.

I feel that if I do not tell him soon, my heart will be destroyed.





2 comments:

bionic woman said...

Hi Filipa,

Your poem made my (not-harried0 heart soar! I loved the alliteration; i loved the internal rhyme; and I love Poe. (do you know his "the Bells"? We had to memorize poems when I was in school and that seems to be the only one I remember. But it was your words and their conveyed emotion which resonated with me--wondering about love; feeling love screaming in every cell of your body and the flood of physical sensations. Oh man. good times! can't wait to read more. Thanks, Filipa.

ferd said...

psh, get it over with already. you'll feel better. great poem btw lol