Friday, December 9, 2011

Geek And Proud of It

Hey you, look at me
tell what it is you see--
Pocket protector and thick square glasses,
knee high socks and books from Honor's classes.
Equations in my hands,
calculator in my pants.
Do you think I don't hear
the names they shout and jeer?
They call me a nerd, a dork, a geek
hopin' to make me feel weak!
But they just don't understand
I don't have a need for any fans!
What I've learned from every book on my shelf
is that i need to be true to myself.
Now is the time for me to admit:
I AM A GEEK AND I'M PROUD OF IT!

I know all the elements of the periodic table.
I can recite from memory every Aesop fable.
Every Saturday night I play Dungeons and Dragons
and I'm a member of obsessive anime fandoms.
To me Magic is more than just a card game
and leveling over 9000 is a good claim to fame.
I've plotted world domination since middle school
and I really believe LARPing is cool.
Steal my comic books and I'll throw a fit:
'CAUSE I AM A GEEK AND I'M PROUD OF IT!

I collect action figures, not sissy dolls.
The only spheres I can throw are pokeballs.
I can tell you every reason Green Lantern and his light,
could never beat Batman in a fight.
(Other than the fact that "yellow"  is a stupid weakness
and Batman is the definition of epicness.)
To "Live Long and Prosper" is my life ambition
as is joining the Jedi Knight coalition.
My perception of reality is fuzzy like 18 bit:
CAUSE I AM A GEEK AND I'M PROUD OF IT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My last few poems have been kinda dreary... So here's something fun! I wrote this over the summer and never got a chance to type it up. I'm hoping to expand it at some point... and maybe fix some of those half-rhymes...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, this is so genius. MADE of win.

fylisfe said...

My nerdiness prevails!! >:)