Saturday, December 24, 2011

Speaking of Stream-of-Consciousness ...


Stream-of-Consciousness
Why is my mind so scattered these days?
I can’t concentrate
I can’t even think
because every time I stop
you show up in the back of my mind
and all my focus flows to you.
I think of that day we first met
both too shy to say much
 but you laughed at my jokes
and I laughed at yours
and that day you first opened
 up to me after a long joyful night
you told me your secrets
and I told you mine
it seems that
nothing else matters
anymore
you are all I need
I want to laugh and cry and hold you tight
I just need to be by your side
 you’ve stolen my life
and I don’t even want it back
I hate that I love you
I love you I love you
                                                            I love you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since I'm revealing the secrets of my process ;) , here's what this poem looked like once upon a time: 

Rough draft:
Why is my mind so scattered these days?
I can’t concentrate
I can’t even think
Because every time I stop
You show up in the back of my mind
And you laugh and you cry and you hold me tight
And all my focus flows to you.
Nothing else matters.

I love you I love you
 I hate that I love you
Because you’ve stolen my life
And I won’t every get it back.
I don’t even want it.
All I want is to be by your side
So I can laugh and cry and hold you tight.
You are all I need.
Nothing else matters. 

1 comment:

antique furniture said...

beatifully
i like it your inspiration
welcome to my vactory
jeparaantiquefurniture.com