Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Just a quick post

I love looking through my notebooks. I always find little stanzas and phrases of things I started but never finished. Usually I stop them because I lose inspiration, but when I look back again I get new ideas. It's also really fun to wonder what I was thinking when I started writing them. I just found these:


I don't need anyone
to see me break down.
No one needs to watch
my tears flow to the ground.

~~~

Pleasure is a fickle mistress
sometimes she comes so easily
and delights you with her gifts
but other times she is so cold

~~~

Self Expression

That drop of yellow paint on the wall.
That streak of green on the sidewalk.
That sparkle floating in the air.
That is who I am.

The shadow lurking off screen.
The star twinkling in the sky covered by clouds.
The small daisy hidden in a bouquet of roses.
That is who I am.

A figment of your imagination.
A product of procreation.
A consequence of action.
That is who I am.

~~~

So yeah,  right now these aren't much. They're jewels in the rough, ideas that still need to be developed... but this is a good little sneak inside view as to how I think and write. I have small samples like these everywhere, and every once in a while I come across one and I get hit with inspiration. So I take these ideas and I play with them and sometimes what I come up with will be just a final version of the original and sometimes it is nothing like the initial work.

I wonder what these will turn into. I can't wait to find out. :)

No comments: